Sunday, April 10, 2011

10 weeks and 1 day pregnant...(pregnancy pants are in full-effect)

As I'm lying around, watching a very entertaining final round of The Masters on this warmer-than-average Sunday afternoon, a thought ran through my mind--this will be the last time, for quite some time, that I'll get to lounge around and watch Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, and the rest of the field battle it out for the green jacket, uninterrupted.  I'm sure I'll see parts of it at a time, and snippets on ESPN, but this time next year, I'll be neck-deep in babies.

I've been told by many of my friends with kids, that life changes, priorities change, and that somehow, all of those Sunday afternoons spent watching final rounds of golf and back-to-back football games, quickly get replaced by spending more time with your kids and family, and that sounds all right to me.  In all honesty, I must say that I wish there was enough time in the day to do it all, but after all the opportunities I've been fortunate enough to have in my life and how selfishly I've lived my life to date, this is the one opportunity I'm looking forward to the most.  It's not a feeling that really sunk in until I found out we were pregnant with triplets, but I'd give up anything for the opportunity to have these three babies call me "dad."

On to Meghan.  We're only four days away from Meg coming up to visit me, but I couldn't wait for another picture to see how she and the babies are doing.  So, Sarah was kind enough to take a picture for me.  Thanks Sarah!  Meghan said that most of the nausea is gone, as long as she keeps up with eating small frequent meals.  Unofficially, she's put on seven pounds so far.  Keep it up babe!  These babies are counting on you to eat more.  She's also been good about staying active.  She's been going on walks to Shirlington, mostly to get a smoothie, but that's exactly what she's supposed to be doing.

I can tell she misses me and seems to be looking forward to this Thursday as much as I am.  Fly safely honey!

2 comments: