Friday, April 29, 2011

The results are in! Well, at least half of them.



So, I don't know these girls.  What I DO know is that my wife is probably in bed right now dreaming about all of the Irish dance competitions that our identical twin girls are going to be competing in.  Yes, you heard me correctly.  We found out today that the identical portion of our triplet set are girls!

Most of the family and friends that read this blog know that my wife grew up as an Irish dancer--ornate dresses, far away competitions, big curly wigs and all!  She even got some of her old Irish dance crew, who were invited to the wedding, to dance with her after we had our first dance together.  It was a big part of her life growing up and I know that she'll want it to be a big part of our girls' life growing up, too.

Now, we only got the results in for our two girls.  I'm not exactly sure why, but we'll have to wait until early next week to get the results for Baby C.  It's soooo tough not knowing.  Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that we know the gender of two of our three babies, but now I really want to know the results for Baby C so I can figure out if I'm going to have to pay for three weddings or two.  I want to know if I'm going to be outnumbered 4-to-1 or if I'll end up with some support in a 3-to-2 matchup.  Guys are bigger anyway, so it would almost be even.  I want to know if I'm going to have to deal with the drama of three teenage girls, or if I'll get to coach baseball/football/(insert boy sport here).

Regardless of what we find out next week, I'm extremely happy that we found out about our girls and that I can spend the entire weekend wondering what they'll look like and all of the things I have to learn about when it comes to raising girls.  Boys seem like they'd be much easier, at least I know I was.  I think you have to go to special training to be a father to girls--twin girls nonetheless.

Back to the picture up top.  I did a quick Google search for "dancing Irish twins," "Irish dancing twins," "twins dancing Irish," and "Irish twins who also dance."  The photo, above, was #2 in the search results.  Wonder what #1 was?  It's below.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 2/3 of your babies! Whatever baby C is will be a treat! Can't wait to find out! You must be DYING! Sigh...Tell Meg congrats on the girls and I'll secretly be hoping you get a boy out of the mix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ami! Honey, if it's all girls you'll just have to get used to coaching soccer or softball or the girl version of any of those sports. And who says girls can't play football! I was outside throwing spirals with my dad and my brother when I was little, and we'll be teaching our girls the same. :) Either way GGG or GGB, it will be wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete