Dearest Izzy, Maddy, and Sophie,
Rumor has it that your 'rents think I'm pretty intelligent! They asked my folks what "they" did to make me such a smarty pants, but let me tell you the truth...I was born that way, babies. Kidding....Of course my parents helped out! I took them shopping to pick out some of my fave books because books make you smart, right? I was reading from birth. They also scooped a few music CD's to help calm you in cars (or just at home) and debated for hours on which Einstein DVD's to get you...because they all rock. I could watch them on repeat, so I'm guessing you'll be able to, too! There are SEVERAL more if you find they hit the spot. (Baby Beethoven & World Animals are great ones!)
Some other helpful hints include:
- Sign Language (I still sign, even though I can actually say "please," "thank you," "more," etc.)
- Flashcards (Tell your parents don't be afraid to make animal sounds & sing songs)
- Puzzles (Melissa & Doug brand are the best)
- Peek-a-boo books...or just Peek-a-boo (seriously calmed me down if I was in a tizzy)
- iPad (Duh! I'm a techie, but any kid loves Duck Duck Moose apps)
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer...(get 3, helps with reflux after feedings, well worth the money)
- Sensory activities (go outside and touch the snow, the tree trunks, the dirt...hehe)
- My mommy is always talking to me, telling me how many there are of everything and what color everything is...She sings songs a lot and even makes up her own songs. What a silly goose.
- Action Songs: Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, If You're Happy and You Know It, etc.
- Exersaucers are fantastic and a Jumparoo is a must-have (the rainforest one was a blast!)
- LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table (you can put it on the floor or take two legs off to prop it up on an angle to help promote sitting)
- LeapFrog Chat & Count cell phone (in violet, of course) & My Own Leaptop (also in violet)
- Bright Starts Hop Along Carrier Toy Bar (what a joy when I finally could "push da buttons")
- Bright Starts Lots of Links or Sassy Ring O' Links (rattles rule, especially with skinny handles)
- Don't do the squirty bath toys, they will eventually collect moldy water - try Sassy Count & Spell Bath Appliques and stackable cups and/or rings (also good on dry land...)
- When I was as young as you ladies, my mommy and daddy rigged an activity mat with those crossing beams (big mobile of sorts) so that a rattling giraffe was at my feet and I could kick, kick, kick, to my heart's delight (we called it the "kick drum," ever seen "The Breakup?")
- All time favorite toy when I was "little": LeapFrog Baby Counting Pal (it's a counting, singing, colored caterpillar...brilliant!)
Much love to all of you beautiful gals. Can't wait to meet you and tell your parents to remember to take a breath here and there...
Hudson is now two. He really is a smarty pants. We haven't been over to visit with Errick, Laurie, and Hudson in about a year and a half, but I'm hoping to get over there next week. These pics are the last ones I took of him when he was a wee bit smaller. His mom posts pics of him all of the time on facebook and he's still just as handsome :)