Thursday, July 21, 2011

Clumsy Wife Syndrome

Surely, I can't be the first person to ever coin this phrase.  There must be a textbook definition of what's unfolding in front of my eyes, but I haven't found it yet, so I'm calling it "Clumsy Wife Syndrome."

Yes, my cute, fun-loving, pregnant wife is a mess.  I'm sure it has something to do with the pain she's feeling in both of her hands right now, but it's not like dropping everything is the only side-effect of her clumsiness, though she's doing that, too!

It's been going on now for at least the last couple of weeks.  I'm not sure a day has gone by where she hasn't knocked over her water glass, which is the most common mess by the way, or spilled food either on herself or on top of some undeserving and unexpecting household object.



Somehow, she's managed not to spill on me, but I'm sure that it's coming before the end of the pregnancy.

Have I mentioned before that my wife is extremely cute?  It's gotten to the point where every time she spills something, she starts laughing uncontrollably.  Her eyes squinch up, her belly begins to jiggle like Santa, and sometimes there are even tears.  I'll have to try to catch it on camera next time.  It makes me laugh just watching her.  I swear that she must be close to peeing her pants, but that hasn't happened...yet.

All kidding aside, she is experiencing a bout with carpel tunnel in both of her wrists/hands.  It's usually worse in the mornings, then feels a little better by the end of the day, though she has started sleeping with wrist guards on throughout the night.  She looks like a boxer getting her hands wrapped before a match.



Meg's been told that the fluid build-up in her wrists that is causing the carpel-tunnel-like symptoms will disappear once she gives birth.  I know she can't wait and neither can our floors.

1 comment: